Thursday, August 27, 2009

America's Got Talent Top 20

America's Got Talent is down to the final 20 contestants.
Here's how I'm ranking them 1-20 (1 being the highest):

(20) Tony Hoard & Rory (No way this act should have received the judges' vote over Charles Dewayne/singer.)
(19) Jeffrey Ou (He's very fortunate/lucky to have gotten this far.)
(18) Arcadian Broad (In my opinion, it's borderline to whether he should even be in the final 20.)
(17) Grandma Lee (A great story and a very funny lady, but not top 10 material.)
(16) Drew Stevyns (He's shown a lot of character; he's facing some major voices, though.)
(15) Fab Five (Nice ladies from Utah and very good act.)
(14) FootworkKINGz (I think they're a cool act and some of the competition's best dancers.)
(13) EriAm Sisters (Piers says they are the next Destiny's Child; I don't think they've reached that point yet.)
(12) Drew Thomas (An above average magic act, but not quite good enough.)
(11) Recycled Percussion (A very unique act, but would drive me crazy for an hour-long show.)
(10) Texas Tenors (I'm leaving where I had them last time at number 10.)
(09) Hairo Torres (A young guy with a lot of heart who is also a great dancer.)
(08) Erik & Rickie (These ballroom dancing kids stole my heart and leaped up into my top 10.)
(07) The Voices of Glory (Another great group of young people.)
(06) Paradizo Dance (An amazing act; I still can't get over a 90 lb women lifting a 240 lb man!)
(05) Kevin Skinner (How can I root against a KY boy? He's AGT's Susan Boyle.)
(04) Barbara Padilla (Beautiful lady, beautiful story, beautiful voice; she definitely could win it.)
(03) Lawrence Beamen (What a classy guy and great voice!)
(02) Acrodunk (These guys rock the house very time they take the stage.)
(01) Mario & Jenny (They just look and perform like a Las Vegas act.)

-- Greg Herriford

No comments: