Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Return to French Guiana

I am very excited about being a part of an upcoming ministry project in FRENCH GUIANA. French Guiana is a small country on the northern coast of South America. It is an overseas territory of France.

I knew very little about the country until I was invited to take part in mission work there in October, 2007.
Dr Wesley Stepp, director of the Bible Institute for Christian Missions, invited me to help him put together a three-day convention in Cayenne, French Guiana (the capital city). The convention was called, “First Journey,” as it was the first time for much of the audience to hear about the church in the Bible.

Wesley and I have put together a team to go back there and help with a 2nd Convention. This year's theme will be "Kept by His Power." The convention dates are October 23-27, 2009.

While there, I’ll be preaching at both English & French (through translators) churches and doing workshops on church leadership.

We will be leaving the USA on Thursday, October 22nd and returning back home on Thursday, October 29th.

Please keep me and the work in your prayers. I hope to tell you more about it when I return.

God bless,
Greg Herriford (Teen Mission, USA)

No comments: